When you think about it, pregnancy is an amazing thing. You are growing a life, a child inside your body. It’s incredible. However, there are also some kind of strange things about pregnancy, some of which are kind of gross and others that are just a bit unusual. Here are 10 amazing pregnancy facts that you may or may not already know.
1. Unborn babies can feel, see, and hear.
2. Second trimester onwards, babies pee in the uterus. Then they drink it.
3. The eggs of mice, rabbit, gorillas, dogs, pigs, whales, and humans are all about the same size.
4. Babies cry in the womb.
5. Babies can taste what the mother is eating.
6. A woman’s uterus expands to more than 500 times its normal size over the course of pregnancy.
7. A fetus acquires fingerprints at the age of three months.
8. The lungs are the last organs to develop in the baby.
9. Most of the amniotic fluid is actually sterile urine.
10. Contractions don’t stop after birth. The muscle cramps are the body’s way of stopping excess blood loss.